Thursday 12 April 2007

Too excited to work!

OK, so it doesn't take much to distract me from my work, but at the moment it seems extra bad. Too much marathon madness - stuff to read, stuff to obsess about, running to be done, kit choices to be made, injuries to manufacture .............. and so it goes on.

Today I did actually run - 10.5km: 3km warm up, 5km fast, 2.5km cool down.

It was very hot and some how it seemed that every man and his dog was out chopping his trees back - which was just great for my tree pollen related hayfever! Anyway, it was hard work but fine - I tired quite a bit on the hill, but at least I know that once that is over and done with, it is pretty much 4km downhill to home!

Made sure to have a big lunch after that as I had 2 hours of dentistry to look forward to this afternoon - a couple of root canal fillings (great) and I was pretty sure that I would be so full of local anaesthetic that dinner might not be an option: absolutely right, can't feel a thing all down the left side of my face. Nice.

Plans are coming along though for marathon weekend - I have bagged my friend Tom and I a place on the coach leaving from Farnborough to take us to the event (thanks Alan!), so we know we are going to get there. The coach does leave at 6am though - so today's thought is - what am I going to do with my porridge? It will be far too early to eat it when we leave the house, so I will have to take it with me for later. Nightmare.

Also, today I am wondering what sort of pace should I be running at? Difficult to know how fast I could do it (as I haven't run that far in training) - is a delicate balance between going fast enough to feel that I did my best and not too fast so that I die at around 16 miles with 10 left to go!

So difficult.

No comments: