Sunday 15 April 2007

The last of the long runs


'Just' the 10 miles today. Left it till 6pm - feeling a little 'sleepy' from last night's beers and then it was way too warm to go running - so I just rested up until it was time to go.

Found it very hard work when I did get going - it's a bit disappointing really, because you definately think - well it's only 10 miles, should be easy - but it just isn't (I think I said about this already).

Overall though, I did average slightly faster than planned marathon pace, and it was hot, and there were hills, and I had beers last night - so .......... well, it's still not good for morale I can tell you!

Anyway, it's done now - just 2 more short runs to do next week, and then - the BIG DAY!

This time next week I will no doubt be enjoying a lovely pint of shandy (or 2) and wearing my medal with pride. All I need to do is get through the next 6 days without injuring myself or getting a cold or anything stupid like that - and I will get round!

So exciting.

No comments: