Saturday 21 April 2007

The night before.......

So, in just less than 10 hours time, Tom and I will be catching the coach from Farnborough to London and the start of the London Marathon!

Yesterday we went up to the London Excel centre to collect our numbers, chips and goody bags - enjoyed a bit of a sit about in the sunshine (see the photo - Tom is 'hiding' behind my hair!), had a look at the huge number of stalls selling 'stuff', enjoyed our £5 pasta meal (see Tom tucking into his on the left there), and came home again.

Lots of water drinking and carb eating and sitting down last night - resting the legs.

Today we didn't do much - a trip to Sainsburys for last minute snacks, picking up Tom's girlfriend Tish from the station, the two little girls from next door brought me some 'good luck' cards they had made for me (so cute), crazy Alan came by to wish me luck, and we a quick tour into Cambo to purchase some green colour hairspray!

Since then it has been water drinking and carb eating, resting and feeling a bit sleepy, bag packing, bimbling, and general preparations.

Have trialled the green hairspray - it's pretty good and should help me stand out in the crowds - so watch out for it!

Am feeling oddly calm, which is interesting considering the ups and downs I've had this week.

Fingers crossed though - it's all going to be good.

If you are reading this and going to be looking out for me - I will be wearing my Macmillan green running vest, with "TRISH" on it (see the photo in an earlier post), my hair will be in bunches & sprayed green and i will have my sunnies with the orange lenses on - surely that should be enough to go on?

I am race number 52359.

Will let you know how I get on!

No comments: