Wednesday 4 April 2007

Tapertastic!

The last couple of weeks before a marathon are when you do your 'taper' - basically reducing your mileage, letting your legs recover and get benefit from all the training you have done so that you arrive fresh & ready to go on race day.

Brilliant.

What it seems to mean so far is more eating! I could eat for England - even more than usual. It is very interesting.

Not really noticing the 'reduced mileage' yet though - today's session was intervals (as it always is) and it was the hardest yet I think - 8 x 800m with 200m RI. So tough. I admit to having the incline on 0% today as well, my legs just couldn't take any more than that, so I did cheat a bit I suppose.

Still - I did all 8 repetitions, I did think of bailing out at 6, but carried on to the end like a true hero! :)

In other news, my sponsorship total is nearing my target, and with the news that my future brother-in-law Andrew has whipped up £60 of donations from assorted friends and family, I think I am going to make it!

Thanks again to everyone who has donated so far - is fantastic !!

No comments: