Wednesday 18 April 2007

Tapering of an alcoholic kind....

Ok, so I have singularly failed to go on the wagon at any point in my training - but you should be impressed, I am at least tapering my drinking!

Went up to London last night to meet a couple of friends of mine - Jon, who I met and lived with while we were both trainee accountants in Nottingham and his 'suprise' wife, Shern. I say 'suprise' wife as they got married in Vegas earlier this month (it was planned) but nobody knew it was going to happen! Amazing.

Anyway, they live in Australia, so we get to see them only when they are over for a visit - and yesterday they were in London, so Jon & I went to meet up with them.

I had lager shandy. See how restrained I am?

I feel a bit ropey this morning - am trying to convince self that it is because it was very smokey in the pub last night and it IS NOT a cold - but am increasingly paranoid about getting ill.

:(

Was a fun evening though - and glad I made the effort to go (it's so easy not to bother) - saw this on the way back to Waterloo though - on the outside of the London Marathon shop - it's a countdown timer to the start of the race!!! OOOOooooo. How did it get to be so soon?

No comments: