Tuesday 17 April 2007

Quicky - quickly (or something)

did my intervals today - last ones - and some lovely 400's to finish it all off.

Decided to go crazy and do them outside on the track by the gym today - since it was still so sunny.

The track is an old one, it isn't really used any more as there is a swanky rubbery one just across the field - but it is open for anyone to have a go on, and it's perfect for what I wanted!

So, a warm up of 5 laps and then straight into it.

6 x 400ms with 2 min rest intervals - aiming for 1:34min/lap

Did them in:
1. 1:29.9 (fresh legs)
2. 1:32.7 (more conservative)
3. 1:31.0 (feeling the burn)
4. 1:30.5 (over half way)
5. 1:30.0 (sometimes I suprise myself)
6. 1:30.3 (last gasp effort)

Fantastic, and then lots of lovely grass to lie down and stretch on!

In other news, my sponsorship total continues to grow as a number of latecomers join the fun - thanks you guys, it is greatly appreciated!

Still keeping an eagle eye on the weather forecasts for the weekend, but they are so variable that it probably isn't worth the stress.

Jon has organised the cheering squad - currently comprised him, my sister & andrew, Nic & my lovely inlaws. If anyone else fancies a day trip to London to cheer on 35,000 nutters running 26.2miles 'for fun' and wants to meet up with these lovely folks - the plan is to rendez-vous at Tower Hill tube station at 10.30am.

There you have it.

Now, I must shower and then I am going into London to meet an old chum of mine. No beer though. Probably.

:)

No comments: